Some of my friends on Facebook have been passing around this “25 things about me” thing. Basically, people write 25 things about them and post it on Facebook. Jeez, I didn’t even have to write that second sentence, did I?
I’m just going to share what I wrote here, because I took longer than I should have in writing it. And why the hell not?
- One of my biggest phobias is walking on a frozen lake. Even when it’s really really thick. I just don’t like to do it, and I even have problems with watching tv programs where they show people diving under the ice. Cold + Water + Ceiling = Nightmare.
- [This one is about my family’s cabin, and where it is. I’m not putting that up on the `net for all to see.]
- I’m a cat person. My family owns a cat named Hunter, and he’s really friendly and playful and fuzzy. He’s not one of those cats who hides behind the couch whenever people come over.
- Before 2009, I had only been to one non-US country: Canada. At the beginning of this year, I went on a cruise and visited Honduras, Belize, and Mexico, and came within about 50 miles of Cuba.
- I’m thinking about going back to school…while I’m still IN school.
- I’ve attended 4 different colleges for at least a year each.
- I consider myself a Skeptic with a capital S. I try to remain neutral in all things until I’ve examined the evidence. To that end, I currently see no reason to believe in anything supernatural or paranormal. Which leads into #8:
- I don’t believe in God, or devils or angels, or heaven or hell, or prayer or souls or sin, and so on. I’m always willing to discuss this though.
- I currently have an AS degree in Visual Communications (Multimedia emphasis), and am working toward a BS.
- I’ve had my own web page since 1996. However, I now have 6 web sites, three of which are blogs. I have no idea how many web sites I’ve created in total.
- I’ve been playing World of Warcraft for over 4 years, since it was released. I was also in the Beta. I also enjoy the novels and comics, and I own two books of concept art from the game. And I have a blog about it.
- My first name is my dad’s middle name, and my middle name is my grandpa’s first name (on my mom’s side of the family).
- My nickname “Bevans” was started by Kyle (who comments on this blog from time to time) in 8th grade algebra class, who read it off the back of my calculator (B.EVANS). I hated it for about the first year, and then got used to it, and now I use it regularly.
- I’m sort of a comic book geek. Some of my favorites are Watchmen, Hellboy, Star Wars, and I own every issue of “The Tick” (and associated spin-offs) up to 2003.
- I didn’t drink anything alcoholic until I was 23. I’ve still never been drunk, or even mildly tipsy. I’ve never smoked a cigarette, and I’ve never tried any illegal drugs.
- I have social anxiety disorder. I have a really hard time interacting with people I don’t know (and even people I DO know), and I hate being the center of attention.
- I own at least 100 Star Wars novels. I bought my first 25 in a Florida book store for $40. I’ve recently stopped buying them in hardcover to save money.
- I’ve lately become very interested in things like psychology, cognitive science, evolution, and science in general, and have been reading a lot of books on those subjects. This relates directly to #7 and #8.
- I’ve been to 3 Blues Traveler concerts. I’ve also been to concerts by The Eagles, Styx, Ringo Starr, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, The Who, Cheap Trick, Weird Al, Jack Johnson (before he got famous and before I realized he only has 2 songs), Reel Big Fish, Ben Harper, John Hiatt, and several others I’m forgetting.
- I’m subscribed to 26 podcasts, 57 RSS feeds, and two magazines: Popular Science and National Geographic.
- I’m a lifelong science fiction geek. I grew up reading mostly Isaac Asimov, Arthur C. Clarke, Michael Crichton, and Douglas Adams (got my copy of HHGTTG signed). I watched lots of Star Wars and Star Trek, and some of my other favorites are Back to the Future, 2001, X-Files, and many others.
- I prefer Winter over Summer. I hate sweating, and I don’t mind the cold (that’s what jackets are for). My favorite season is Fall, but unfortunately we only get about 3 days of it in Minnesota.
- I’m an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church. Yes, that means I can perform marriage ceremonies.
- I only watch TV via the internet. Usually via BitTorrent.
- I really need a girlfriend.
This post was written by Bevans